According to a statement released, Asake, the hottest Afrobeats musician of 2022, has made history with the release of his debut album, “Mr. Money With The Vibe.” “Mr. Money With The Vibe” is Asake’s debut album, which follows an incredible run in 2022 in which he dropped successive hits.
The album is an acoustic masterpiece that encompasses every aspect of the artist as he explores his Fuji background to offer various fragments of his reality. The album, produced by Magicsticks, beautifully explores the Amapiano soundscape while also incorporating rich Nigerian mainstream and sonic elements.
The album has been praised by critics as one of the best debut albums in the history of Afrobeats, and its unprecedented success on Apple Music demonstrates its quality and impact. Ololade Asake has thus broken records on Apple Music with the release of his debut album.
People Also Read: The History of Music in Nigeria: Past, Present and Future
The following are some of the album’s achievements on Apple Music:
• “Mr. Money With The Vibe” had the biggest opening day for an African album in Apple Music history.
• “Mr. Money With the Vibe” not only broke the record for the biggest opening day in Apple Music history, but also for the biggest opening three days for an African album.
• Nine tracks from the album broke records by entering the Global Daily Top 100.
• “Mr. Money With The Vibe”, a first for an African album, debuted at No. 1 on the Top Albums Chart in 31 countries, including Nigeria, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
• Many tracks from “Mr. Money With the Vibe” made it to the Daily Top 100 in 60 different countries around the world, including 26 where they peaked at number one.
• The album’s top hits also charted at No. 1 in 14 different countries.
Asake, also known as MR MONEY, is a Nigerian Afropop and Afrobeat musician. Ahmed Ololade was born in the late 1990s in Lagos, Nigeria, to Yoruba parents. He is a songwriter and singer. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Obafemi Awolowo University’s Department of Theatre and Performing Arts in Ile-Ife, Osun State.
In 2020, he rose to prominence after his freestyle “Lady” went viral, eliciting a huge response from several notable internet influencers including Broda Shaggi, Sydney Talker, NastyBlaq, and many others. His foray into music was purely coincidental, as he began as a dancer and worked with a variety of dance organizations and theater companies in high school before dabbling in music.
“Mr Money,” his first song for 2020, re-emphasizes his confidence in himself and loyalty to his identity as he establishes himself as one of Nigeria’s fastest-rising artists. His dedication and perseverance earned him three nominations for the 2020 City People Music Awards, of which he received two, including the title of Most Popular Song of the Year.
Asake has also appeared on some of the year’s most anticipated tracks, including Broda Shaggi’s “Star” and DJ Xclusive’s “Gegeti.” On the remix for his 2020 smash track “Mr Money,” he worked with Afrobeats superstar Peruzzi and Zlatan.